Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricanes.

I want to take a moment to reflect on two Hurricanes.
I hope everyone is safe after Hurricane Irene. I didn't have power for about 24 hours but other than that, no serious damage. I can't help but remember that today is the 6 year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. I spent time there helping to rebuild homes and lives. The people are unlike any I have ever met and I still think of them often...especially today. I pray we all remember the lives lost and the damage done. Be thankful for all that you have and most importantly, don't forget to love.

All that is left of a place of worship

Rebuild Lakeshore

A gutted church building

I have a lot more photos I can't even begin to post but I just wanted to remember those that lost everything 6 years ago. I again have to say how thankful I am to be safe after Hurricane Irene destroyed lives this year..however, I know it's not even close to being as bad as Katrina.

much love

Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my lovely followers!